Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What a better way to spend a Tuesday

The space was calm and the crowd was smaller than expected, but the atmosphere was inspiring. What seemed like a simple patio party in the back of a fabulous little wine bar was in reality a fund raiser for The SOLD Project and an awareness opportunity for California Against Slavery. It seems that parties like this are popping up everywhere, and really it makes a ton of sense. I mean lets face it we all enjoy either entertaining or being entertained. Most of us like to sip on a glass of wine after a long day of work, so why not ask the bar to donate 40% of the proceeds to a good cause, or just have some friends over and ask them for money over some great wine and food?

Tonight's event was classy and beautiful. the night air was crisp and the conversation refreshing. I had a great time. I made some new friends and I was inspired to do more, to do whatever I can. My current practice of hosting a monthly dinner to raise money for various non-profits is fun. I am hoping it grows.

For now here are some videos to raise your awareness of what these orgs are doing. Maybe after watching them you will be inspired to throw a party of your own.

The SOLD Project Human Trafficking Awareness Program from The SOLD Project on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment